Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Monday, June 30, 2008

My Hubby

One of the days that has long past since my last post is father's day. So instead of doing a father's day blog in July I thought instead I would write a post on my Hubby and what an amazing man he is. (also I never posted one his b-day!! Happy Belate B-day post!)

From the first time I met Matt, I knew I was going to marry him. There was something about him that struck me, his rugged look, sweet nature, his self assurance?!? Amazingly this was our Junior year in high school, 10 years ago. Four years later we did get married and I have never regretted a day since. Yes he can be annoying with all this political discussions, and his extrovertness but he really is a catch. Every day he amazes me more and more. He continues to excel at work were he is helping to building a new company that he will be running in a few more years. Yet he still makes sure that he has time for his family. (Yes he has been know to disappear in to the office for couple of weeks but he always comes back!) He adores his children and spends that special dad time catching fish and doing yucky things mommy can't stand. He has strong faith and morals. He values family. He agreed to buy a house with my parents and my grandfather!! (yes he agreed to live under the same roof as his in-laws). While on in-laws he manged to give me the best possible in-laws anyone could ask for! And yes he will wear green striped pajamas so his wife can get the Christmas family photo she wants!! I could really go on and on.

For fathers day this year we went to church and the over to his mom's house for brunch with is Granddad and family. Then of course he had to have a cigar and relax on the deck. Hopefully he felt celebrated and knows how lucky our children our to have him for a daddy. On the subjects of dads I also must say how lucky my husband was to have such good role models, Bompus (his granddad), Tony (Uncle/Dad) and of course (even though she is a girl) we can not forget Betsy (Mom/Aunt). Matt is also a very passionate man and has been passionate about his country for years so for Father's Day I made him a quilt with 20 different patriotic fabrics and a jean backing! He seemed to really love.



So here is to my husband. The love of my life, the father of my kids, and pretty much the perfect man! I love you Matt!

Enjoy the video:

1 comment:

Candace said...

Finally, a new post, and what a tribute! By the way, the picture does not do the quilt justice. I thought it was spectacular.