Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Monday, July 7, 2008

Ode to Noni

There are certain people who come into your life whom you thank God for everyday our Noni is one of them. Today is her birthday. It seems that as we get older and more family members are added to the family, at certain times our birthday's can get over looked or pushed aside for a multitude of reason. Therefore, I wanted to write a little Ode to our Noni so she knows how special she is to us and that our life's would not be as full and rich if we were not blessed to have her as our Noni.

Noni was there for the birth of Serafina and was with us in heart for the birth of Matteo. She was a wonderful support to me in my time and was greatly missed at Matteo's birth. She has continued to support me in my endeavors as mother by being there to help and offer advice, (sometimes even when I don't think I need it!!) Sadly I can I not currently find the picture of her holding Serafina for the first time but here she is with precious Matteo on the day we came home from the hospital.


Noni has taught us many things over the last few years. One thing that I will always be eternally greatful for, is she taught mommy how to let lose and let the kids have fun. After all all 9 month old babies should get the chance to hold a baby chicken and dye easter eggs, right?

Serafina and Noni, Easter 2006


April 2006


Another thing Noni has taught us is that a little sugar will never hurt anyone...


Not even an 8-month-old! Matteo June 2008


Noni has taught us that family vacations are a must. During those vacations she taught us how to be carefully while feeding the wild geese!

July 2006


She has been there on our birthdays to help use celebrate!


July 2007


July 2006


Noni has also taught us the love for the beach and what to do on really HOT summer days!! She loves her grand kids so much she even let us put a water slide up on her grass and spend ever hot summer day slipping and sliding around!


Noni sure does now how to have a good time. But we can not forget one of the most important thing we have learned from our Noni. That family is the most important thing in life. It is important to take time out and spent it with the ones you love the most. And Noni you are one of those we want to spend out time with. I hope you know on this special day of yours just how loved you are. We love you and wish only the best for you. Thank you for all you do to bright and richen up our lives!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NONI!!

Mothers Day 2008

2 comments:

Matt said...

Noni is definitely the best mom I've ever had!

I and my family is truly blessed to have her as my mom and my babies Noni.

Thank God my wife knows it!

Candace said...

You are absolutely right, and Wow, what a beautiful ode. I have now started my morning out crying.