Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin Patch


Here on the central coast it is hard to mark the changing of the seasons! We pretty much stay within the same 10 degrees year around give or take a few here and there. However, we do manage to celebrate the fall, along with ever other central coast family, by heading out to Avila Valley Barn to pick out our pumpkins for Halloween. Down at the Barn, they do a great job at bring the Fall feeling to our 75 degree weather with their pile of pumpkins, hay rides, farm animals, roasted corn, hay maze and well just fall time decoration and spirit. In order to avoid the crowds that the barn draws during the month of October we took yesterday off and headed out to the barn to pick out our pumpkins!


What a great day. We started our day off with pumpkin pancakes, Serafina decided she did not like these. Matteo thought they were the bested thing he had ever tasted, and Sam decided not try!! To funny. Then of course we had to stop at Starbucks and pick up Auntie Jenn. It was important we brought Jenn for two reasons, one an extra set of hands for when we had the pumpkins and kids, and also because we had to borrow her camera (mine is still not working). Then it was out the Barn. First on the agenda was a few trips through the maze. I must note here how brave my kids are. I absolutely refuse to go through this maze, it makes me claustrophobic, I tried once to suck it up for my kids sake, be the bigger person, and about had a panic attack. So here is my six-year-old and my three-year-old (again 3-year-old) who go through this maze by themselves over and over again!! And after strict instructions not to leave Serafina behind or alone of course Sam does, but did it scare her? NO, not a bit!! And their mother won't even go in!! Can we get a shout out for my two darling children!!

Then it was off to look at the animals! Which is always exciting. Before picking out our pumpkins I did make the children all get together for a group shot, we have to take the annual pumpkin picture, very important!!


They of course were highly annoyed with that. Matteo had great fun sitting with the pumpkins and tasting the hay, as we all searched for the perfect pumpkin. Sam and Serafina helped me find the biggest pumpkin we could find to be Matteo's pumpkin. Hopefully on Monday after we carve them I can blog why. They did a great job! Matteo's pumpkin weighted twice as much as him 45lbs!

After loading the pumpkins, we decided that a little ice cream would cool us all down, because it was really hot!! Sam had a little moose tracks, Serafina had chocolate chip and Matteo got to try a little vanilla!! What a great day. Hope you all are enjoy your fall!


Trying to get everyone to look and smile just cracks me up and frustrates me to no end all at the same time!!

Matteo helping load the pumpkins!

2 comments:

Candace said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting all the great pic's! I now don't feel so far away. In regards to getting all the kids to smile/look at the camera at the same time, good luck. Sam so reminds me of Ty, who still won't look into a camera at 17yo. Serafina on the other hand seems more than willing to accomodate (what a ham), and Matteo seems happy to be with his sibs. Great pumpkin patch visit, can hardly wait for Monday's post. I think I know what coming!

Anonymous said...

I love all of the pumpkin pictures. We have the same yearly tradition of taking the boys to the barn. I hope you guys had a great halloween.