Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Monday, July 19, 2010

Five-Years-Old



Five years ago at 2am in the morning I woke and realized labor was starting. A couple hours later we were in the hospital and 9 hours later at 11:19am our world was change for ever as we welcomed Serafina into our lives, our firey angel.


Then



Now

So much has happened in our world in the last five years it is hard to believe it has only be that long but yet I am amazed that my baby is 5 and starting kindergarten. She is starting to read, do math and has an unstoppable desire to learn.

My baby who I watch role over for the first time, take her first steps, say her first words...turned one...

My baby who learned to sing, dance, and enjoy life..turned two...


My baby who learned her ABC, how to count, and how to jump....turned three...


My baby who learned to color, paint, and share...turned four...



My baby who has learned to be independent, brave, strong and yet still be my little girl....turned five today..

My baby is no longer a baby.

In five years she has become a little sister and a big sister.


Both roles she carries with great pride.

She has a love for gymnastics, swimming, and horses. She wants to be a mom and teacher; just like her Nana.

She cares more for others than her self.


She is beyond strong willed and can argue better then most lawyers.

She wears her name well. Serafina: Firey Angel

We love you Angel and we are proud of you.

Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Janice Phillips said...

Happy birthday, Serafina!! You're a precious girl and I pray God blesses you with a knowledge of himself and with a SUPER fun day!

P.S. Tracy, that is a darling post about your girl!

Candace said...

This post makes me cry. Nothing like starting out my dat in tears. Happy, Happy, to all...

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Serafina...Happy Wishes from your Auntie Susan, Uncle Darryl, and cousins Markus and Sara