Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

It is Hot, It is Hot, It is Very Hot

I live on the Central Coast for a very important reason.

I don't do heat.

I don't mind cold.

But I don't do heat.

And on the central coast most days are a nice 65 degrees give or take a few degrees.


But not today. Today at our house we are ringing in right about 101.

Not ok.

And to make matters worse my dear husband wants to sit around in his man cave instead of accompanying me to the cool pool. Unwilling to wrangle 4 kids at the pool myself after we left church I made the command decision to leave my husband at the hot house with our eldest child and proceed to make the journey down to Santa Maria to go to Mcdonalds.

Yes McDonalds, why Santa Maria you ask?

Well they have a wonderful, indoor play land. Yes air-conditioned!

Now they are happily playing why I check email, read blogs and update my own blog, in the coolness. Life is good.

On a side note, yesterday we did enjoy the heat by playing outside with buckets, hose, and dirt. Also my husband would have gone swimming today, but I am a nice wife!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Janice Phillips said...

Omg, WHY is it so hot?!?! You definitely get major wife brownie points.

Candace said...

Remember, we had a great time stomping grapes to keep cool yesterday! Roll out the barrel!