Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Our Day

My friend Jeannett challenged fellow bloggers to snap pictures through out their day so that we might see the beauty that surrounds us.

I loved the idea because lately I have been forgetting to see the joy in my job, whining about laundry, cranky babies, dinner..etc.... It happens.

So I snapped away and what I found on my camera was a blurry mess and I instantly felt disheartened. Of course I cant even get a good picture, blah, blah blah... The pictures were not in focus, the color was all wrong, there was a finger over the lens, but then amongst them all I found one:



The view out my bedroom window as I was getting ready. What a beautiful work of God I get to witness every day. Fog resting in the canyon with the beginning of the sun coming up over the hills. Thank you God for your beautiful paintings.

Then more blurry mess...and....I would find another


My little boy sitting up nice and strong for the first time!


Matteo playing happily with his tricycle and two shovels.


More dark photos...more fingers over the lens...and then..


AJ and his Noni enjoying time together when on a whim we decide to go visit them for the evening.

And an impromptu pizza picnic breaks out. Family time, Family memories, God's Love.

What did I learn from trying to take pictures of my day to find the technicolor in everyday life?

That just like in life you have to look through the blurry, dark, covered up parts of life to find the golden rays shining through. You can choose to spend time focusing on the parts of life (or pictures) that didn't turn out quite right or you can find the beauty in the few that did and no one will ever see the blurry.

5 comments:

Candace said...

Oh so true...

Kelly said...

Love the pictures of your day. We did this at our house too. It is amazing what you can learn, after your babies go to bed, when you look at a day full of pictures in a different way!

Jeannett said...

oh tracy! your post has me all teary eyed! so fun!

Matthew Regusci said...

Fantastic Post my love! You are AWESOME!!!

Janice Phillips said...

Love it! Life in all its messy, funny, annoying, brilliant, and inspiring reality. I agree with Matt: you're awesome!