Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Monday, January 24, 2011

Random Thoughts

New years resolutions:

Get AJ to sleep in his room all night :  DONE

Get Matteo and AJ sleeping in their room together: DONE

Potty Train Matteo:  DONE (thanks mom!)

Blog more often: Not done

Lose my baby weight:  Approaching done

There you have it.

Break Break (this is where in the middle of a conversation you decide to change subjects completely so the others know you are on a new topic, got it?)

For my birthday my Husband arranged an awesome day for me.  He took a day off of work to watch all the kids so I could do as I please with no children.  He also arranged for my good friend Janice to spend the day with me.  We had so much fun.  We started the day with a workout, and then headed up highway one to Morro Bay and Cayucos where we spent the day window shopping and looking in antique shops.  It was a blast.  Afterwards Matt and my parents joined us for an awesome dinner.   Honestly as far as birthday presents go it doesn't get much better then that!

Break Break

I am currently feeling a little overwhelmed.    Sam and I have gotten in a homework rut and desperately need to climb out of it.  AJ, even though he is sleeping now, he still doesn't play well by himself, which means more training is need!!  Aghh.  And even though Matteo is potty trained we still have accidents (mainly poo yuck).  And have you ever noticed that no matter how hard you try to get the laundry done ever Monday morning there is more to do!!

Break Break

I had a realization in Church this week. 

In front of us (Matt and I) a family sat with their 4 boys (I am guessing ages 11ish to 5ish.)  I watched them for a good part of the serviced.  I was in awe at how the boys all sat there not moving, talking, squirming, whispering, or coloring, but rather sitting listening, quietly (did I mention they were BOYS).    At first it frustrated me, why cant I enjoy a service with all my Children and have them sit so nicely.  What have I done wrong as a parent to have childern whom can't sit in Church or whom I choose not to have sit in Church with me. 

Then I realized Tracy, not every family is created the same.  My Children may not be able to sit through a Church service in perfect silence but their love for God is just as strong.  They can make many situations that are boring lots of fun.  And they are perfect and they are perfect for me.  Because truth be told I enjoy my time in Church, not worrying about how they are behaving but instead taking in what the pastor has to say.  Enjoying sitting with my Husband and worshiping with him, holding hands! Our family is the right family for me, full of energy, and challanging, but full of love.

So there are my random thoughts for a Monday.

A different kind of post for me.

But it is where I am at.

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Janice Phillips said...

Have I mentioned that your honest, real, and awesome perspective on life is an inspiration?! There, I said it. :-)

Candace said...

Like.

Anonymous said...

Those boys in church were probably duct taped to the pews!

Auntie Susan

DL3 said...

Win $ per hour on the net

http://www.cashfiesta.com/php/join.php?ref=dll3