Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Our Mother's Day

Over the last 3yrs I have learned that Mother's Day can be one of those days that you plan on sleeping in and the kids and your husband being wonderful and the birds sing outside, however in reality the baby still gets hungry, still spits up and the kids still fight and whine. Thanks to the best Mother-in-Law anyone could ask for she has taught me you just have to plan your day and move forward with a smile on. Besty (my mother-in-law, aka Noni) wanted to go climb Madonna Mountian with her family and then go on a picnic. That sounded like a blast to me so I made my family load up and join them on the hill. We had an absolutely wonderful time. Matt backpack Serafina and Uncle-David backpack Matteo. Sam our trouper (who is now 6, I will post this week about his birthday) hiked they entire 2hr hike!! We were so proud of him. After the hike we grabed a pinic lunch and head out to dinosaur cave park. Mario and Gio kept the kids running tossing a footbal around so when we finally got home the kids took an asome nap. Then we headed over to Trevors house where he and Jen cook a fun cheese fondue dinner for us all. The cheese was accutly in a fountain!! Very cool. Thank you to all my family for making it a wonderful Mother's Day. (oh one last thing, Matt did let me sleep in!) My mother day dreams came true!!


Sam had to be just like the big boys!
(did I mention it was hot?)


Karlee found a snake on the trail and Gio decide to move it.



We couldn't get Sam any closer to the snake for a picture.


Sam and Nono in the far of distance, just feet away from the top!


The Boys at the tippy tippy top!



The whole clan at the top of Madonna Mountain!

1 comment:

Candace said...

You go girl!! Never a dull moment. I'm glad you got to sleep in. I got to take a nap, the second best thing.