Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Differences

Well I thought that since I had a girl and then a boy that I had these pregnancy symptoms down, I knew what to expect for each one (and correct me if I am wrong but it can only go one of two ways -boy or girl). Now I am very worried as to what exactly I am carrying, the symptoms are new and totally different:

The girl: no signs or symptoms the first trimester, well that is not totally true I was super tired, pretty much slept through the holidays that year. My complexion was flawless all 9months, and never in my 3 trimesters did I experience the need to pee every five minutes. I started showing and wearing maternity clothes at about 15weeks or so. It was wonderful.

The boy: I knew it was a boy from the moment of implantation because I peed ever 5 minutes and that never stopped. I was totally exhausted the first trimester. And to top it off my complexion was horrible all through the pregnancy, I broke out like I was in high school again. I started showing at about 10 weeks and wearing maternity clothes about 12weeks.

This baby (or the moose): From my calculations I am about 6 weeks. I have been nauseous since about 4 1/2 weeks (that is why I took a test) The nausea comes and goes all day with no rhythm or reason. I haven't noticed a huge increasing in peeing but did I mention that I am experiencing nausea(never once with the other two). And if you look at me sideways, there is a small bump!!!! Yes small but it is there. I refuse to go retrieve the maternity clothing boxes from under the house. Six weeks and there is a bump, I am really afraid that this child might just be a moose.

So there you have it. I have my first appointment on Thursday the 10th, then I will have the doctors official due date. My own personal predicted due date is April 20th, 2010. Serafina's due date was July 20th and Matteo's was November 20th. So personally I like my due date for poetic reasons.

Just so you can all see what I mean:

Just over a month ago, washboard abs (OK not washboard but flat)



Tonight
(a bump..and no I am not pushing my stomach out)

7 comments:

Candace said...

As I said on FB its about individuality. These little babes don't like to be predictable. Mine never outgrew that!

Unknown said...

preggers or not you look fabulous, congrats mama!

Jeannett said...

Well, with Henry I was much like your first pregnancy...no symptoms really other than being super tired. No bump till like 15 weeks. WIth the girls I was NAUSEOUS all dang day! I only actually threw up once, but it didn't matter...I was miserable even still. ANd I started showing super early. Granted, there WERE two of them, but in general you body is already stretched out and is said to have a "memory" so you show sooner with subsequent pregnancies. I also had bad skin with Hen and great skin with the girls (until the very end).

My friend Kate had two girls...similar pregnancies...the last preg. she was SURE it was a boy because every SINGLE thing was TOTALLY different. It was a third girl. So, I don't think it matters!

Mary said...

Congratulations!

Brianna Heldt said...

you know with all three of my babies, each pregnancy was different, and they're all girls. go figure!

Tracy Regusci said...

Thanks Rachel,

I am happy to report the nausea seems to be better! Yeah, that or I just have time to notice.

Carol K said...

Yay! Maybe there are two little ones in there!

Keep us posted!