Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Four

Has it sunk into to anyone else out there that I am going to have four children. Three seemed normal, it seems like the average family at our church has three, no one looks at you funny for having three. I thought four was still pretty normal also, you know like on a bell curve you are approaching abnormal but are still with in range. Once you got up to five or more that's when people start looking at you asking if you are done but the more I think about and tell people this is number four it seems to be a pretty big leap. I mean lets really think about this:

1. We will no longer fit in a four door sedan car or smaller. We are destine to drive an SUV, minivan, full size van or bus. And don't think about leaving that 3rd row of seats at home because you actually have to use it, no huge trunk space for you.

2. Can someone explain school drop off to me? How do you, in a timely manner (under 30min) get your 2nd grader to class and picked up when you have to unbuckle (from car seats) your 4yr and 2yr old and now infant and then walk on to campus? Do you stop carrying the 2yr now so he will walk when the baby comes. If so that will be a long walk?!? I am starting to see why many large families home school.

3. Laundry - lets not talk about that one....I think it has been 2wk or more since I washed the kids sheets and we are going to add a fourth bed?!?

4. What if it is a boy, that is 3 boys. Did you hear that 3 boys. My mother-in-law bless her heart believes it is a boy, if she is right, we might dis-invite her to thanksgiving. We only want positive girl vibes and she is messing up the feng shway(sp?) of it all. Three boys, heart be still.

5. Can you imagine flying somewhere? SIX plane tickets. You are talking a small loan to fly somewhere. Not to mention flying with 2 adults and 4 children, that is a 2:1 ratio, 3:1 if someone has to go to the bathroom. Sorry to any relatives that live further then a car drive, it might be awhile until we come and visit.

6. Do people still invite you over for dinner when they find out you have 4 children?

7. What do you pay your babysitter? A small house payment?

Just some food for thought. Four. To be honest I am really so excited. I can't wait to have a tiny baby around the house again. And all my thoughts will be for nothing as soon as little nut is here because I know God has a plan and it all works out.

By the way the countdown has started: t-minus 7 days until we find out what sex little nut is. And please don't get me wrong, we will love it boy or girl. But 3 boys?!?!

6 comments:

Jeannett said...

I know what you mean about three boys...before we knew the sexes, I kept thinking..."Lord, I will love whatever you give me, but I would REALLY prefer that it not be two boys in there!" :)

As for the four kid thing...yeah, people seem genuinely shocked when I tell them that we want to add one more. Apparently three is some magical cut off? I never got the memo...

Candace said...

All very good points. Remember we are within a car/suv/van/bus drive! Also, please call her nutella! Ok I will deal with Nut if I have to.

Tracy Regusci said...

I do call her nutella when I am talking but for some reason when I type it comes out nut. I will try and correct that. Since we haven't agreed on a girl name she might be nutella till she is born!

Brianna Heldt said...

hahaha. i think when you hit 5, people start to assume you won't EVER be done, and so they just stop asking, which is kind of nice. :)

we do still get invited places. however i find people are much more accepting here in general than they were in california (not sure if it's a state thing or a city thing).

i'm so thrilled for you guys and can't WAIT to find out what you're having!!!!

Anonymous said...

shock them all and have 10!

Auntie Susan

Matthew Regusci said...

WHAT . . . We are having four kids!

:)

Seriously though, I have had the best questions and comments come from my clients:

"Matt, did you convert from Catholic to Mormon."

"Your wife said let God decide!?! HA if my wife said that I would tell her god decided I needed a vasectomy."

"Do you have a farm I do not know about?"

Mind you, I am in Agriculture so every day I hear colorful words and phrases.