Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

90% Sure

It's a BOY!!!!


Can you believe it. I can.

Try as hard as I might I was trying to hide the fact that I was breaking out like a mad women (which I did with Matteo and didn't with Serafina), peeing every five minutes weather I drank any liquid or not (which I did with Matteo and didn't with Serafina), and the fact that every time I insisted it was a girl something inside of me said no its a boy.

My OB would only give a 90% answer because I am still on the early side for determining gender (16wk) and the baby is in a breech position which can make it a little difficult. However with Serafina he gave us a 75% girl call at 16wks and well he was right. He does check one more time to make sure there are not surprises. But his accuracy right is pretty high.

So there you have it, intelligender was wrong. That is now 2 people (myself and a friend) who have had false results (her said boy and it was a girl). So sad.

I am very excited. I think Matteo will be an awesome big brother to a boy. And well it gives us a good excuse to try for one more!!

Oh and the baby is doing great also. Everything looks great. After the appointment I went and did the huge 2nd trimester blood draw (filling 5 vials of blood) to check all mine and babies levels and stuff. Everything is just moving right along.

As for names we are now saying anything right now because we really haven't talked much about boys name. Wehave one in mind but not officially decided, so you might find out before he is born or you might not just depends on if we keep thinking or not. Once we make a decision we are normally not good at keeping it a secret.

(Oh and for those who are wondering my mother-in-law is still invited to Thanksgiving)

8 comments:

Candace said...

Yipee! We love boys...our family sure has its share. Yes, Matteo will make an awesome big brother and Serafina a great princess.

Didn't Matt post something recently about only "4" kids? He even used the "V" word?!

And, what this about your mother-in-law and Thanksgiving? I must have missed something.

Jamie Foster said...

So... Serafina gets the new downstairs bedroom "suite" and the boys get the upstairs wing?

Matthew Regusci said...

Yes! Financially this is fantastic!

- One less wedding I have to fund
- One more teenager I can tell to get a job
- One more boy to arm when Serafina brings an intruder (boyfriend) home!

:)

Matthew Regusci said...

HA Candace!

I just figured out what the "V" word is. I would get the snip but, unfortunately, I enjoy sleeping with Tracy.

That could change though . . .

I asked Tracy today how many boys we would have to have in the pursuit of another girl.

Her answer, "We will talk about that later."

To be continued . . . =)

Anonymous said...

Just trying to keep the Regusci name alive! Matt you missed one thing...Car insurance cost more for boys!

Auntie Susan

Jeannett said...

woohoo! with you on the breaking out with boys thing...i secretly knew i had two girls baking...i've never had such nice skin in my life! :)

we need plenty of boys around to deal with serafina, lucy, and jill as teenagers! we just have to be sure that they don't have cute friends!!! :)

Carol K said...

You made us look!!! Yay! I am so happy that all is working out for you guys.....I have got to see you so I can rub your belly, maybe I should have done that to send you "girl" vibes.....you'll have a beutifull baby boy and now you must try for a baby sister for serafine (though I believe she is well served in the roll of "only" princess in the regusci home!

Tracy Regusci said...

Yes, I have to agree with Jeanette that it will be good to have all the protector around for our girls!!

The more I think about the more I am getting so excited for another little boy. If only I could give him a big love right now!