Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hustle and Bustle

Oh me oh my have we been a busy clan!  Since I last posted we have had our second annual pumpkin roll, 2 Christmas programs, lots of fun family and friend parties of all sorts and we even took a ride on the north pole express.  We have been a busy crew.  Then to top it all off I have decided that it is time to sleep train AJ, which has been a process and still is. 

With my other babies I read the books followed the outline and in 24hr had perfect sleeping babies.....umm not this one.   You know when you read in the books about the extremly colic ones, or the strong willed babies.....well that is the path AJ is trying to take.  So this Mama of four who thought perhaps she might have all this parenting stuff down, realizes she really doesn't.  For the past few days instead of cleaning the kitchen, updating my blog, or doing laundry, you can find me pacing around with my "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" book in one hand and my monitor (on silent, just watching the little green line grow to red as he wails) in the other.  Constantly opening rereading the same paragraph, "Let them cry for one hour."

Really one hour?  Let me check again

"Let them cry for one hour."

OK one hour.  Really.  Maybe I should reread that section.

"Let them cry for one hour."

Then one hour hits and to the room I go to get my upset child.   There as been a few occasions where he has fallen asleep only to wake 10 minutes later.   But this is only day 2.   And it really is amazing how fast 1hr can go by when you are pacing and rereading parts of a book (which is an awesome book and I would recommend it to anyone, I still refer to it for all my kids, a great resource).

Hope you are all having a great holiday season.  (It has been one hour now I am off to get my baby) 

No comments: