Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

True Story

I couldn't make this up.

Today, in between rain showers, we went for a walk in the village.

In my favorite upscale clothing store I saw a tunic style shirt I fell in love with.

It would have been perfect for my husbands company Christmas party.

And it was a decent price.

I hurried in beyond excited. 

I was hoping they had one size up from the size in the window (which from reading the tag it said it was a medium).

"Excuse me do you have anymore of the tunic shirt in the window."

"No that is the last one."

I quickly think OK what the H*** I will try it on and maybe by the grace of God it will look good, if not oh well it was worth the risk.

"Oh bummer.  Could I please try that one on."


Here it comes folks....hold your breath.....the SALES lady answer....


"That is a size small, and it is a junior cut, it won't fit you."

My jaw hit the floor.   Did she really just say that to me.

She just stared at me. 

I was hurt, and crushed, I wanted to cry.  I sheepishly hung my head and mumbled

"Umm, Ok."

Turned and walked out the door. 

Then I raged to my parents.

Called my husband...whom knows the store owner...and yes we will be going back to let her know about my experince.

And let me say...I was wearing a shirt with a sweatshirt with and ergo and a baby in it, how the heck did she know weather a shirt was or was not going to fit my body.

True Story.

2 comments:

Carol said...

UGH!!!! what a Bi#$%!!!

Good for you for going back and telling the owner what happened....that is just not right!!!!
You never know, she may have saved you from buying the wrong shirt....and the right one is out there waiting.....ready for you to find!

Janice Phillips said...

OH. MY. GOSH. That is so rude. Unfreakin' believable!!!