Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Friday, April 1, 2011

Ready or not

One thing I am good at:   keeping others secrets.

One thing I am not good at:   keeping my own secrets.

Especially from my hubby. I get way to excited and end up blabbing whatever exciting news, surprise, etc..I have planned.

Until this week. I managed to plan and execute and awesome surprise for Matt.

This morning Matt woke up and after his shower found this note sitting by his sink:







I sat in bed waiting with baited breath and excitement to see his reaction. After what seemed like forever, the bathroom door opened and Matt stood there.

"What does this mean?"

"What do you think?"

"Where going to have another little one."

"Yup."

The look on his face was total shock but I better be excited. He walked over to the bed and said "Congratulations" in his the best excited voice he could muster up, then kissed me on the check.

As he kissed me on the check I quietly whispered:



"April fools"


To which I just started cracking up and rolling around on the bed in a fit of laughter.  

My husbands face is now registering relief and disbelief  that I could pull off suck a prank.  And wait how do you fake a prego test?!?   Well I might just happen to have a sister-in-law who is all filled up with hCG right now, who was fully willing to participate in such a prank!

The best part was the way he continued to walk around the room in silence mumbling to himself,  "Yeah that was a good one."  I loved seeing him go from oh...my..gosh..this...is..waytosoon...how-are-we-going-to-manage... I...better...be..excited...because she loves babies...to...
complete relief!


It was pretty much awesomeness.

Did you pull off any April Fools jokes today? 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

None as entertaining as that!