Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Project: Organize the Gragage

When we moved into this house we took three households and combined it into one household, which wasn't to bad as the house was big and we all had our own area to move into.

The hard prat was the garage.  We had to take a 4 car garage, a 3 car garage and 2 car garage and fit it all into a 2 car garage.

Yeah it was not pretty.

We basically loaded up gorilla shelves and park kids bikes in the middle and had no walking room....totally looked like hoarders lived in the house...but we planned on organizing it.

Well we have moved things around a purged random things but 4 years later still no organizing has happened.





There it is in all it's glory. (this might be an all time worst!)
I could get in trouble for posting this on my blog but I figure admitting the problem is step one. 



And of course what garage is not complete without a railroad crossing buck!


This week enough is enough and it is time to take on the garage. I have decide not to stress out  and try to tackle it all in one day but rather devote at least 30 min a day until it done. I started Monday and am over the moon because we are beginning to see improvement. So excited!!!






Notice the five empty shelves and the three nicely organized one.  The system I am using is everything comes off the shelves and  then you have to earn your way back on the shelf.  For instance the kids skates, they are used often and the kids love them therefore they have earned their way back.   Now the big box of random papers we haven't looked in for four years well that is going to really have to prove it's self.




See that pile in the bottom right, those are the items that didn't earn my initial approval.  Now the other adults in the family will be beckoned to the garage and have to look through the pile. If there is anything they want to keep they will have to write me a 3 page essay, singled spaced, 12 font, on the importance of said item and why it should have a spot in the garage!!

I am telling you the garage will be empty in no time!! 

Ha ha....(I m joking people, I wont make them write a paper, just present a convincing argument!

My end goal:

1.  Everything up off the floor and on shelves in an organized manner.
2.  The adults bikes hung on a wall and a spot to hang the stroller when not in use.
3.  Tools organized and put away.


So there you have it.  My new project.  Perhaps I will make Thursdays blog post project update day.  Won't that be exciting!   (and keep me working)



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: