Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hunting for the Right Word

We had a nice low key Easter round our house. On Saturday we attended the Easter party at our club were the kids saw the Easter bunny, hunted eggs, decorated cookies and just had a great time. That evening we went down to our friends house where the kids had a chance to dye Easter eggs and just run around being silly. After laying down 7 children (1: 8yr, 2: 6yr 1: 4yr, 1: 3yr, and 2: 1yr) in a 3 bedroom house and having them all fall asleep us adults had a great time playing Apples to Apples. I believe we played for nearly 3hr?!? I would highly recommend the game to anyone.

On Easter Sunday we started our day out right by driving to Santa Maria Starbucks for breakfast! Yes I am serious, our Auntie Jen had to work so we thought we would go down a wish her a happy Easter before Church. Then it was off to Church, where we had the chance to sing the tradition Hallelujah Chorus, practically my favorite part of Easter.

By the time we arrived home form the morning fun (oh yes they had a hunt at Church, how many hunts does one child need?!?) Matteo was exhausted and went straight down for a nap with no lunch. We had planned a hunt for the kids here at home with Lego's in the eggs, with just a few eggs having snickers and mm's. Off we sent Sam and Serafina on their hunt. After awhile (Uncle Trevor hid the eggs, it was awhile) they had found the all the eggs and started to head inside to open them up. Little did I know the hunt was not over...

Serafina ran in-side plopped down on the living room floor and began opening eggs. Lego's everywhere, then she found one with a snickers, she thought she had scored.

I had entered the room now, and Matt was just behind me, everyone else was still outside working their way in.

The next egg was open, score I thought, another snickers....oh no...that is not what my daughter thought....and then from the mouth of my three- year-old..

"That pisses me off, its the same candy."

My jaw must have hit the floor, "What" I said, I could not believe those words just came out of my daughters mother and on Easter!!

Oh they had. When I asked what, she repeated. Matt's face turned bright red, as he knows he is the reason for this verbiage that has just flown so easily and carelessly from our daughters lips. What is his statement you ask..

"I think that is my que, to head off to the Texas now." (he really did have to fly to Texas for business that day!)

So why most of the world spend Easter hunting for eggs, we spend it hunting for the right words!


Our "Upset" daughter

As always here is a link to my dad's site that has pictures from the whole day: click here

3 comments:

Jeannett said...

That is funny! Serafina looks SO grown up in that picture!!!

Summer said...

You are the best story teller with the best stories.

Brianna Heldt said...

HA! Yes! That is hilarious. Oh the things kids say...