Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Twin Quilts

Well I am happy to say that my new machine is now properly broken in. It successfully helped me finish off the first of the quilts in line, which I must say are about the cutest, must darling, beautiful quilts ever (I am so not bias). So with out further ado here is a picture of the master pieces:


These two quilts were made for my friend Jeanette who is pregnant with twin girls. Needles to say I am very excited for her and her family. She already has an older son Henry who will be 2yr. If you look closely you can see in the close up picture of the two quilts they are the same except for one has a plaid fabric and the other has a pink flower fabric. My mom carefully had sewed all the X's in the center of all the little squares and I machine quilted both in one night!! With my machine breaking down mid way through, we were crunched for time and ended up until midnight on Friday finishing all the handing stitching on the binding!! But it was worth all the hard work. The quilts are beautiful and will hopefully with stand all the love the twins and there older brother just might throw at them!!


One last thing; here is a picture of the new machine (on the right) next my old machine (on the left), just to show how cool my new one is!! Yes I am this dorky and this excited about a sewing machine!


Also this cracked my up; have you ever wondered what my 17 month old does why am doing my marathon quilting:



In case anyone is wondering and wants to ask, yes those are scissors and there are lots of needles in those drawers!!

1 comment:

Jeannett said...

The quilts are beautiful! Thank you SO much! I can't imagine how much work they were!!!