Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Monday, April 13, 2009

Newest Addition

This week is spring break, which means 5 free days to stay at home play around the house and finish all those quilting projects because there is no shuttling kids to and from school or what not. YEAH. I was really looking forward to some time in the quilting room, as I have 8 projects that must be finished, 2 on Saturday, 2 on Monday and 4 (little ones) Wednesday of next week. I have been working hard on them all during nap and in the evenings but with my mom home and the kids free to just run around the house and entertain each other I get a little more quilting in.

Well...the best laid plans...

To start with I have an old machine, I got in high school. My mom has a new one. When she is not around I use hers or when I am free motion quilting, as mine cannot do free motion. Well I had her machine set up for free motion and she needed to sew 3 straight seams on Saturday, I told her just to use mine (which she hates), and I left the house.

Easter- I was telling Uncle Jon about the quilts my mom and I are working on and my mom starts getting this look on her face. She looks really guiltily and starts talking about how my machine is so old and I really need a new one...yada yada

"Mom, what did you do to my machine."

guiltily look, and laugh,

"Did you break it"

"Maybe"

"It's repairable though, right."

Guiltily look, "I don't think so!"

I just start laughing, what are you going to do!! We have 5 days to get a huge load of quilts done and we have one working machine, what are two women to do?!

Go shopping of course.

I have been looking at new machines for years now but a good quilting machine is $$$! So today my Mom, Serafina, Matteo and I head down to Santa Maria Sewing Center, looked at all the models I had be researching narrowed it to two and headed of to Starbucks. There we compared prices and features made the decision, then called Matt; who had no clue about any of this as he had flown to Texas earlier in the day on Sunday. I proceed to tell him the story and ask if I could get my machine, after talking about my mom and I being a bad pair together, he complemented my salesmanship and said "yes".

Back to the store and as of 4:30pm this afternoon I am now the proud owner of a Sapphire Husqvarna Viking sewing machine. It is wonderful. Now all my quilts will be finished and have beautiful wonderful stitches and quilting. I could not be happier.


I was planning on doing a quilt blog with pictures of all finished sometime next week. I have bunch of finish pictures but can't published them quite yet as some our gifts, must wait until they have been given! Until then here is a picture of my newest addition:




1 comment:

Summer said...

Well, we missed you today.