Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Monday, June 8, 2009

Embarrassing But True

My son, Matteo, is a silent man. Unlike his sister who was talking in 2-3word sentences by this age, he barely utters simple words like, dada, doggie, and makes animal, car and train noises. Don't get me wrong the child understands everything and we communicate fine, he just doesn't do it verbally yet.

Then it happened the first big word popped out of his mouth yesterday. Was it truck? Train? Serafina? Sam? Drink? Sandwhich? More? Was it a normal first word of a baby?

Of course not, this is my child, my thrid born who has a mind of his own. He looked and Nana and I as we were getting in the car and said..

"Starbucks"

3 comments:

Candace said...

He probably wants his nana to do a repeat performance of spilling his latte again!

Jeannett said...

Wow. At least it wasn't the F word though, right??? :)

Cyndy Shephard McDonald said...

LOL- what a sign of the times!