Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Monday, June 29, 2009

What a pain

Today's blog report was going to be an update on mom because of Thursday she will begin chemo. However last night I was awoken by crippling pain in my abdomen that would not go away. I ended up in hospital by 2pm. There they cat scanned me, ultrasounded me and then sent me home with pain meds as they couldn't find anything. The only order was to come back in 12hr if the pain didn't go way. Well the pain has not gone away. I called my OB and he had me come in, reviewed the ER's test where he found fluid in pelvic, so he redid the ultrasound and believes that it was/is an Ovarian Cyst. Which is good news, the pain sound just go away over the next day or so. However because he didn't see the cyst itself, just saw fluid and tenderness, etc, he can not rule out an appedicitist. How will we know, it is a waiting game, if the pain gets worst I go in for surgery if it gets better it was a cyst. So I am not supposed to have anything but clear liquids and make sure I have an overnight plan for the kids. I go feel better now that I saw what I consider one of the best doctors and have his opinion on the matter. The other good news is if surgery does happen my mom's surgeon or his bother will perform it!! Oh and mom and I are both going together tomorrow morning for blood draws! Isn't that nice.

1 comment:

Candace said...

That takes sympathy way too far Tracy! Good luck with your waiting game. I'll think cyst for you.