Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Head Stiches

There is nothing like a a few head stitches to make a Wednesday exciting.

Yes head stitches.

I had just laid Matteo and Serafina down for a little nap and was getting started with a few household chores when my cell rings.....then the house phone rings....huh....

Retrieve the message only to find the school nurse reporting that Sam has a head injury that needs should be looked at by a doctor. Of course.

Call back the school..find out it is a cut they think might need stitches so he is just working in the office till I get there.

Call Noni..."please watch my little children so that I can take Sam to the doctor." Noni -"No problem I am having Lunch at Cafe Roma just drop them off there and they can run errands with me and Robob." (Oh yes it is raining.) What do you give a Noni who is willing to run errands in the rain with 2 small children and my 80yr old grandfather!!

Pick up Sam and oh my gosh....two inch long gash in the side of head.

Call our pediatrician he says come on in.... an hour later Sam has 5 stitches in his head. The pediatrician said it was quite the gash but not to worry he saw the bone and there are no cracks! That was reassuring.

All in all it turned out great. Sam got out of school a little early and a huge cookie so I don't think he is to bummed. He was also a very brave guy, hardly shed a tear.

My only last thought for the day was....

We are going to have THREE boys!!


The boy, his cookie and his stitches (on Sam's left the bloody area of hair.) Please note the blood on the shirt! Oh my gosh...(and yes I am pointing it out to the world!)

6 comments:

Jeannett said...

ewwww! how did he pull that off???

Tracy Regusci said...

He decided to run into a metal slide! The slide won.

Janice Phillips said...

Poor buddy...he was a trooper, even got his homework done without complaint! Go Sam!!

As a big sis to 3 brothers, I only remember one or two bloody dramas like this...maybe you'll get off easy! ;-P

Unknown said...

Really, what do you give a Noni like Besty?

Oh, and I assume no hair washing for Sam while he has stitches?

Tracy Regusci said...

The doc said it is good to wash the hair. We are just to cover it in neosporin after!! We how ever have not made him wet his head yet..He did have to scrub the dirt off his arms and legs though!

Janice I am glad to hear you only encountered two bloody dramas, I will pray for that!

Anonymous said...

Give Sam a big hug from Auntie Susan