Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Proud Parent

Let me take a moment to be the proud beaming parent.

First:

My Samuel: The sweetest kid with the biggest heart. Has been struggling in math this year. Many a tear has been shed over math. About 3-4 wk ago we hired a good friend Janice to help tutor him and just this week got a beaming e-mail from the teacher about what a positive change she has seen in Sam. He is paying better attention and is actively participating in class and answering questions. I just couldn't be happier for the little guy he is finally experiencing the great joy of learning and understanding. Then today I went on a field trip with his class and again my heart beamed with pride. Sam was the picture of a perfect Angel on the trip. He was polite, listened to the Docent, asked questions (appropriate ones) and answered them. While on the other hand I wanted to medicate a few of the other boys (if you know what I mean). We have had so may struggles in the past and to get a chance to see him excelling and growing up is just such a wonderful thing. He is becoming such a great little Man!

Second:

My Serafina: The most active, non-stop four-year-old has been loving gymnastics. And well as a gymnast who quit at 10 and regretted it as a 16-20yr old. I try not hard not to live vicariously through her. But this week the coach approached me and said Serafina is ready to move up to the next class and would like her to be evaluated for the instructor approval class instead of just putting her in recreational gymnastics. I really...really tried hard not to be over excited about this. She tried the class on Wednesday and well she was approved. Again...I told myself be calm this is Serafina's life. And to my under happiness Serafina too loved the class and wants to go with, I know she is four but it feels great to have your kid do well in something they love. Now don't get worried about me I don't have her signed up for the 2020 or 2024 Olympics or anything ......but you never know (I am allowed to have my fingers crossed behind my back right?)

Now I am done bragging about my kids......

Sorry Matteo, the only news on him was he started hitting in his toddler class. I can't brag about that, next time bud!

*Update*

Our good friend Rob (owner of the Santa Maria Valley Railroad) made such a good point on my face book page that I had to add it to this blog post, enjoy:

Rob Himoto Hey Tracy, just read your blog, there is a lot to be proud of Matteo this week. He recognizes boxcars on sidings, as an engineer knows how to negotiate meets on single track, understands railroading is a 24 hour a day job as he wants to keep working on his trains past his bedtime, and as a major shareholder had to take care of some of the kids in his toddler class that want to make bike paths on our railroad right of way!



5 comments:

Candace said...

Now I am the proud auntie!

Matthew Regusci said...

I do not know if my children are perfect because of or in spite of me. =)

I do know we are blessed that you are my wife and you are their mother.

Lets have another baby! =)

Jonathan said...

And Matteo ate a whole slice of Costco pizza! Way to go, Matteo!

Matthew Regusci said...

Jon, you are such a proud father =)

Anonymous said...

Matteo talked to me on the phone last night and I could understand him!

Auntie Susan