Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Saturday, January 23, 2010

3 Random Things to be Thankful For

PGE workers: I know over the past week in out area that our local PGE guys have been working around the clock and in pour rain and heavy winds to keep our power working. I also realize that in the grand scheme of things our house is low priority. But PGE kept us up to date on our power outage and every time bet there estimate times by hours! Thank you PGE

Running Water: I totally take this for granted but when you live out in the country and you have a well, run by a pump, and your power goes out so does your water supply. I can handle the dark thing, but the note being able to flush a toilet, wipe a counter, brush your teeth, all the things you need with running water...that is a bummer. When you are on city water you maintain water in a power outage, it is cold but at least you can flush your toilets!!

Seat Warmers: We bought my current car used from a very good friend who had it upgraded including seat warmers. Now I could understand why people in snow could use them but here on the central coast, just cracked me up!! I never used them, until this last month. Did you know that if you turn the back warmer on a lift your shirt it is like a nice warm heating pad on a sore back caused my pregnancy. I don't go anywhere now with out turn that seat warmer on and by the time I arrive at my destination my back is all soothed and ready to work for me. Thank you for seat warmers.

1 comment:

Jeannett said...

Um, my butt warmers are the BEST part of my car. I never had them before, but from here on out, it will be a requirement of any future cars. I don't care how much more it costs. I use mine constantly (and yes, they were a Godsend when I was pregnant!!!).