Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Gymnastic Meet

This year Serafina has enjoyed taking a gymnastic class at Performance Athletics. At the beginning of each year we give the kids a choice of one sport/activity to participate in last year they both chose dance this year gymnastics. Sam ended up not enjoying the sport so we didn't re-enroll him and he busy catching up with school work and waiting for soccer to start again. Serafina on the other hand LOVES gymnastics. Oh my gosh to the point when her teacher told her about a recretional meet the gym was having she just had to participate (she didnt even know what a meet was).

So I signed her up paid the $15 registration fee and it was worth ever penny. The child was on top of the world. I didn't know what to expect having never taking a 4yr to a gymnastic meet, (I was in plenty at age 5 but I also could do a handstand, what do you do with a 4yr?!)

Well let me tell you they ran her through each event with the level 1 girls (ages 4 (Serfaina) to probably 6). It was so cute, she did vault, beam' bars and floor. The floor routine was hysterical because she didnt want to stop they kept saying ok show us one more thing. At the end ever girl got a metal but you would have thought my daughter was the only one who walked away with the gold!! Needless to say I beamed from ear to ear watching her out there with the big girls!



Walking on the beam (the big beam).



Doing her floor rountine this is a table top.


Saluting the judges to start her rountine.


Getting her gold metal.

4 comments:

Candace said...

What a cutie!

Anonymous said...

She is wonderful! That's my girl.
Auntie,
Susan

julie said...

Oh, Tracy, how cute. You must let me know when she has another meet. I would love to go watch.

Brianna Heldt said...

Okay she is SO CUTE!!! That is awesome. Go Serafina!