Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Friday, April 16, 2010

Random Thoughts

Today I considered packing my toiletry portion of my bag for the hospital (considered being the key word). I thought about needing to put in a hair band, hair clip and maybe a couple rubber bands in order to keep my hair out of my face and cute for those post birth pictures. Then I realized that for my first child I had this romantic notion that I would have beautiful glowing pictures of myself and my new infant right after birth...ha was I ever wrong. In all the pictures from the hospital I thought I looked like a fat cow and my hair was all over sticking out, they were anything but beautiful. Oh and of course you are trying to nurse for the first time so half the pictures are indecent to put in any sort of album or public forum.

Let me show you - here is hours after Serafina's births:

Ugh

Then I remember thinking that with Matteo's birth it would be different. I would pack the right hair supplies maybe even braid it when I feel that first contraction. Also I am a pro now with breastfeeding so I will keep covered. These pictures will be the beautiful pictures I have always dreamed about....was I ever wrong, in fact it might have got worst: still a fat cow, hair is even more out of wack and this time lets add the fact that I look stoned!!

Oh my gosh. What was Ithinking did I really believe things would be better?!!?

Oh and this is the only decent picture of me at Matteo's birth, the rest all have... well my chest in them:



So as I began to think about this little guy entering the world and packing all my much needed hair supplies and what not for the beautiful after birth pictures I romanticize, I had to laugh and walk out my bathroom, nothing packed. Because really I know nothing is going to help..I will still have messy hair, and look like I just ran a marathon and haven't slept in days. BUT I will have a precious little baby to hold and love and he will look adorable in every picture so who needs a picture of me anyways!!

I hope you are all really excited to see hospital pictures of AJ's birth now!!! Maybe I will dye my hair blue...then you would be looking at how out of control the style is!

p.s. This is just random thoughts, I hope I don't sound totally conceded I do thing about other important things...honest.

4 comments:

Candace said...

I love all the pics., you are always beautiful.
Remember Matt's comment about "watering the elephants"? Gotta love that one....

Tracy Regusci said...

LOL...That is one of my favorite memories...my husband always know the right thing to say.

Matthew Regusci said...

Hey . . . I resemble that remark!

The only time I think you are more beautiful than when you are pregnant is right after you deliver our precious children.

Love you, MWAH

Brianna Heldt said...

Ha Tracy your post made me laugh! Honestly I think you look beautiful in both of those pictures...a mama and her new baby, so incredibly precious.

The picture of me and Anna, my oldest, right after she was born is HORRIBLE by the way. My face was SO red, and my hair is awful. BUT, I look darn happy!!!

And how sweet was Matt's comment??? I'm so excited to "meet" baby number four!