Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Back Tracking

Before I can move forward with any further posts I must share some of the fun pictures and happenings from Christmas break. I posted the link to the pictures my dad took on Christmas day but now I will share a little more of what happened on Christmas eve and after! (With school back in session I am finding a little more time on my hands to get back to uploading pictures and blogging!).

To start with, my sister-in-law Karlee and I took a couple of class on artisan cookie decorating. We both had a blast and came away with some very cute cookies. Then I manage to convince my mom to make the artisan cookies for her cookie exchange she does every year, which meant we had a weekend of cookie baking:9 dozen little Santa's to be exact. It was a blast.



These are the cookies from one of Karlee's and my classes.



The kids getting in on the decorating.



Even Matteo.



My mom and I working on the last bits of Santa decorating!

A few close ups!


Moving on....next came Christmas Eve. We always spend Christmas Eve with Matt's family. Normally we head to is Grandfather's house but this year his Mom (Noni) decide to have it at her house. As always, the kids had a great time. It was very low key, we all enjoyed siting around, chatting, eating, and just being with everyone. The kids got to open up a few gifts. They loved their ride on animal toys from Bish-nono, but their top picks were from their Uncle James, who sadly was not there but sent them via Bish-nono! He got Serafina a baby alive, Sam Lego's and Matteo cars that made noises! I had no idea how exiting those toys could be!! Good job Uncle James.

Nono looking at his photo book.

Bish-nono and Bish-noni looking at their photo book.

Matteo and his noise making cars!! He could not be happier!

Everyone playing don't break the ice! This was another hit the Scalzo kids bought this game for the Regusci kids hoping to have a fun family game! It worked!


My Hope hat, from St. Jude's!


Opening up Baby Alive, I wish you could see the joy/shock better!



The big bows!


Family


Another Christmas tradition of ours is Velvet Cream Popcorn. This is just about the best popcorn in the world. They are located in Kansas, were I was born. That is were my family learned about them. When we moved out here we were very sad to leave the popcorn behind, but....very glad to know they ship. So for years ever Christmas we would order huge tins of there popcorn to have during the holidays. Now Popppop Bill has taken over and send my mom a box at her birthday and the family another box at Christmas, we are in love!! Yumm. Well this year Matteo manage to sneak away from me to try his first taste of velvet cream popcorn...

Now I know, no popcorn for kids under 3, but I had to take the pictures before I said no!!

He was just so darn cute.
And might I say, he was quite proud of himself!



These last few snapshots are just of the kids having fun around the house. We didn't travel anywhere this Christmas. Just hung around town. The kids had lots of time to just enjoy being home.




Matteo is riding Serafina's bike that she was to small to ride last summer when she was 2 going on 3!! It was to funny I had to take pictures!


Serafina spent most of her time taking care of all her babies! They are all tucked in for bed right.



This is our first attempt to get Matteo to take a few steps. It was looking promising. He was really balancing and standing up for a long time. However he never did take a step (this was before our Monterrey trip). Instead he just held onto that boom box thin, stood in the middle of the room and dance. We were all laughing, the kid can balance, holding a boom box, and dance but refuses to walk?!? Can you say stubborn?




Now...that concludes the back tracking post...we can now look forward to the RockBand Birthday that brought down the house last night, in honor of my 27th birthday!

No comments: