Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Monday, January 26, 2009

Weekend Away

This weekend I went to Fullerton with my mother-in-law (Noni) and sister-in-law (Karlee) to visit Karlee's sweetie Jeremy (who just moved there to attend college), to look at college, and well to shop. Matt stayed home to hold down the house and watch all three kids. Here are the highlights from his and my weekend:

-Septic guy unexpectedly showed up to finish up the septic work.

-I get a call from Robob our gate wont open.

-I have to deal with this problem on the 101 in LA traffic, that was fun.

-As Matt is heading out to pick up Sam from school Septic dude, gives Matt an estimate of the cost (lets just say there was 4 numbers)

-I get a call.....not a happy Matt on the way to get Sam.

-Hour later..I get another call...Matt ran out of gas....yes with all 3 kids in the car. AAA will be there as soon as they can.

Saturday: They are supposed to be at a birthday party.

-Serafina wakes up and pukes. Mom offers to watch her. She is sad she cant go to the party.

-I get a call, Matt is now in Morro Bay at the party location...there is no one there. Come to find out the party was moved to next Saturday due to the rain.

-4:00ish Betsy and I drive around front a store to pick up Karlee and Jeremy. Karlee notes my front tire is flat.

-We drive to 3 gas stations before we find one that has a working air thing. Inspect the tire, there is a screw in it. It is now passed 5:30. However we did luck out the garage man stayed open and fixed my tire.

-8ish we take Jeremy back to his apartment, his roommate bought a cat, with out running it by Jeremy or their other roommate....awkward.

Sunday

Pretty under control

Monday Morning

So excited, Matt bought me the new Zac Brown Band CD. We are big country music fans. The kids too and it is nice because for the most part the songs are pretty clean. I feel safe turning a country station that nothing to explicit will come on.

The kids love the song Country Fried, Sam has most of it memorized, so they were just as excited to listen to the CD.

We load up.
Pop it in.
First song.
Toes.

"I got my toes in the water, ass in the sand"

The "A" word was clear as day!! I about died, I decide to ignored it. They didn't seem to pick up on it and hoped the song didn't repeat it. WRONG! It was repeated. After the second time I skipped to the next the song and prayed that there would be no more bad words. There was not. It was a great CD!! The kids loved it as did I, although we will not be listening to "Toes".

What a weekend.

5 comments:

Jeannett said...

Okay, that was hysterical! I'm so sorry you had a crazy weekend where it definately POURED on you guys, but it was very blog worthy!!! That makes it okay right??? :)

Summer said...

Tell Sam that I'm laughing my ASS off!

Summer

Tracy Regusci said...

We are all laughing around here, I mean seriously what are you going to do!!

Summer - I will make sure I share with Sam.

Brianna Heldt said...

Oh man!!! That is brutal!

That cracks me up about that song. TOO FUNNY!

Matthew Regusci said...

I Guarantee you, my love, you had a vacation! =)

Ask Jon, even with your mom's help, I was so stressed I was driven to drinking and smoking by the end of the weekend (I will use this as the excuse for this week).

For our children sake, please do not leave again! =) Or I should say, if you leave again, make sure:
**no scheduled service providers with heavy machinery (AHHHHH)
**no birthday parties across the county
**I do not have to be at three places within a 3 hr time period

My God, you do this crap every day. You need a raise! How about I give you evey thing I make . . . =)