Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Laundry Day VS. The Septic

When it comes to the running of the house/ household tasks, there are certain aspects that I am very anal about. The laundry is one of these such aspects. Laundry is done every Monday; sorted, washed, folded, and put away. There are just no if's, and's, or but's, about it. (with the exception of poop or puke). Tuesday mornings are the best days of the week because you wake up and there is not one piece of dirty laundry in the house. AHA the beauty of it all.

Enter...... The Septic

We have been living at our house now for just over a year. About 2weeks ago we noticed our leach field was leaking (part of a septic tank system). No big problem as we have two leach fields, we just switched over to the other. Well that one was leaking to...

Enter....The septic dude (ie- The professional)

He came out today poked around. Decide to open up the septic to drain to both leach fields at the same time. With all the people living here he thought this might be a good solution. He also decide it might be good to do some maintenance things and then we will see if all that clears up our problem. Then he dropped the bomb shell

"Do you do all your laundry in one day?"
"Yes I do."
"You need to stop doing that. It floods the septic tank, so it take work right. Could be part of the problem."


I tried to explain to him that this was impossible. That it would go against ever fiber of my being. The septic dude just laughed and told me that I better go against my fibbers otherwise we will be paying upwards of $10,000 to put in a new septic in a few more years.

I wanted to cry.

No longer will there be a morning I will wake up and all the laundry be clean and put away.

I am destined to wash, fold and put away everyday of my life now.

The sadness is to much to bear.

I think the answer is to have Matt take over the laundry.

4 comments:

Matthew Regusci said...

I think that is a great idea, i just have a few questions:

-- Do you bleach colors & whites?
-- Where to I dry your bras?
** in the drier
** on the gate outside
-- Since you have lost weight and your close have gotten smaller, especially some items :), does that mean I need to use less detergent?
-- How fast do I need to fold after I dry?
** If I throw it on the couch will it fold itself?

Wow, so many questions, its like I haven't washed close since I met you . . . why was that again? :)

Love ya!

Jeannett said...

HAHAHA! You are too funny! Maybe you can break it up and do whites one day and darks another...then you'll have a morning where there isn't a single piece of dirty WHITE laundry??? Not as fabulous as the first option, but it might help! :)

Summer said...

I just assign a day of the week to each person. So, with your household, all of Tracy's are done on Monday, Matt's on Tuesday, Lynn on Wednesday, Jamie on Thursday, Robob on Friday, Sam on Saturday, Serafina on Sunday. Oh, sorry Matteo.

Tracy Regusci said...

Thanks for the helpful advice. I am now in the market for a new laundry hamper. I need to organize my sorting, that way the sorting is always done! (also I did find a little way around the rule, you can do a load in the morning, afternoon and night, they just have to be spread out more. So now I am thinking maybe just 3 days of laundry!