Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Monday, February 4, 2008

4 Years in the Making

About 4 years ago when Matt and I were talking about starting a family, I purchased a baby outfit. Not just any outfit, but the most adorable knit outfit I had ever saw. The outfit was dark blue pants with matching sweater that had an American flag on it with the writing God Bless America. Now for those of you who do not know my Husband, he is a very patriotic man. To the point that our first house (a 800sq foot, one bedroom guest house) was strictly decorate with a red, white and blue theme. Needless to say when I saw this outfit, I knew Matt would love it. My plan was to wrap it up and when I found out I was pregnant I would give him the outfit to tell him the good news. Well it took about a year for us to conceive Serafina and by then I was so amazed to see two lines I ran out of the bathroom and told him. He never got it as a present.

On with the story, Serafina was born and I thought for sure I would put this navy blue outfit on her, it would make her dad proud. I think I might have tried it on her once. But as fast as I put it on I took it off because it made her look like a boy. Then came Matteo...

And my dream of putting this adorable outfit on my baby boy came true. I must say I think it looks very cute on. Matt is excited that Matteo is showing his patriotism at such a young age. In fact we might just wear it to the polls tomorrow.

So now 4 years in the making: Mattoe in his Patriotic Outfit...

Good shot of the flag and writing


Good shot of my cute baby

1 comment:

Candace said...

Amen to that! It was worth the four year wait! I look forward to seeing Matteo soon. He has changed so much! Auntie Candy