Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Matteo vs Mattoe

I was recently working on a special quilt for Matteo with his name and birth date on it. After carefully embroidering his name Mattoe my dad point out the misspelling. I riped my hard work out and spelled his name correctly Matteo. Then I conducted some research and have found that probably 90% of the time I spell my own son's name wrong!! Can you believe it, I can't even spell my child's name. He is only 4months old and probably on his way to an identity crisis because of me.

So this is a note for all of you out there who have noticed this error in my blogging, the correct spelling is Matteo!

4 comments:

Jeannett said...

I noticed it right away and at first thought it was a typo...but then you kept doing it, so I thought maybe it was some italian thing I didn't get. You know, how Russian people have aghtouyhaoihroish are their last name and pronounce it Smith?

Candace said...

I too noticed it, but also note that to this day you and your mom don't spell my name correctly so I just assume it is a term of endearment! Afterall, I know I am the favorite....

Matt said...

I know, sometimes I'm confused when Tracy calls me TTAM. =)

Tracy Regusci said...

Candace- you will always be my favorite Candance. I am glad I was able to set the record straight on Matteo's name. You know I also learned that spell checker helps!! It will correct his name for me!