Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Saturday, October 24, 2009

HOLES!?!



Well....it is done....there are holes in my daughter's ears. After a month of her talking about it and a week of her launching an all out debate with every member of the family her Noni and Karlee took her to claries and pierced her ears.

Her debates with me:
"Mom I want me ears pierced"
"I had mine pierced when I was 4, maybe we will talk about it then."
"Mom, I am 4."
"Lets talk to dad."

Oops, lost that debate.

Debate with Papa:
"I want my ears pierced, because you can't wear clip-ons to school. However if your ears are pierced you can wear earrings. But even if you could wear clip-ons, all of mine are broke, so I still need my ears pierced."

Debate with Nana:
Nana: "You have to discuss it with your mom and dad."
"I talked with mom she said I have to talk with Dad too. I don't know why we have to talk to dad, he is a boy. His ears aren't pierced."

Debate with Noni:
"Lets pierce my ears."
"I cant take you to pierce your ears without your mom's permission."
"Yes you can, once it is done its done, she cant do anything."
"If I took you with out your mom permission she might never let you come over here again."
"Noni, my mom wouldn't do that she would still let me come over."

They call me....I said go for it...so off they went. Karlee insured that the dots they apply before piercing were straight and at the same heights. Then two girls did both ears at the same time (we were a little afraid if we did one at a time the second one would never get done!!) Noni said they counted down and then shot them. Serafina's eyes got really big, but she never cried. When Noni said that they were done she ask if there was blood and then examined them in a mirror. She was so proud of her self that it did hurt much just a little sting and no blood!!

When the lady at the shop asked her why she wanted her ears pierced she told her "because my cousins have pierced ears." Noni asked her what cousins? Her response "Hunter and Madison." For the record they are good friends not cousins...I guess my daughter is a true Italian, if your a friend you must be a cousin! Thanks Long's!!

5 comments:

Candace said...

She looks so grown up now!

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful...when is she getting the second set of hole? Auntie Susan

Tracy Regusci said...

Second holes?!? Now that I might have to put up a better fight for!! HAHA. Right now I am battling the size of the earrings once she can change them!

Summer said...

Cute dialogue. BTW, her younger cousin's ears are not pierced yet.

Matthew Regusci said...

Susan, we will let you do the second set when we visit you in DC.