Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Friday, October 23, 2009

October Baking

This October my mom and I have attempt two different yummy Halloween treats which both turned out absolutely adorable if you want my opinion. One was our artisan style cookies done in a ghost shape and then bagged with candy corn to give to friends and family. They were a huge success and amazingly was the easiest artisan cookie we have done. We ended up making some where around 100+ ghost when all was said and done. Of course I am writing all this to share the pictures:


All decorated ready for packaging


One packaged


A group of ghosts!




Second I volunteered to make cupcakes for the kids school. Every year they have an Oktoberfest and well baking is my way of helping out. I wanted to try and do a cute Halloween/Oct cupcake and my mom found the cutest idea- dirt cupcakes. We frosted the cupcakes in chocolate frosting, then dipped them in crushed oreo's and topped them off with a gummy worm crawling out of them. Personally I think they are just about the cutest thing. Again pictures:


Close up.

The group

2 comments:

Candace said...

You two truley are amazing! The cupcakes are so realistic...what were/are the kids reactions?

PS Still waitinig for a picture of the haircut.

Janice Phillips said...

I loved the cookies you sent home with mom! WAY cute and so yummy!!