Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Driving with kids

Since the birth of Mattoe it seems as though we have been playing musical chairs in the car trying to find the right arrangement. We have had problems with fighting, poking the baby, anyoning one another, needing all the trunk space and then we still need to be able to get in and out with as little trouble possible. Today we tried a new arrangement where Serafina was by the side door, a place she has never really sat before. Driving home from dinner we had the country music blaring and everyone (I thought) was car dancing having a great time. Next thing I knew I could hear air blowing and Serafina trying to say something. Looking back she had manged to unroll the window and was talking about a shoe?!? We turned down the music, rolled the window up and I asked her to repeat what she said. "My shoe is broke, it went out the window." Bad mom moment - I started busting up. I could not stop laughing. Matt was telling me not to laugh and trying to tell Serafina, that is not a good thing, I could not do anything but laugh. It was hilarious. I did mange to mumble, "How sad, you don't have a pair of crocks now." After gaining composure over myself we pulled into the driveway and got everyone out. To our amazement the shoe that had gone out the window was laying on the floor of the car!

No comments: