Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Monday, January 7, 2008

Rainy Weekend Fun

When the rains come down my mom and I run for the quilting room. This weekend, for those who dont know, it rained for the most part which ment we were indoors. Hopeing to start (maybe even finish) a few quilting projects I manged to get the kids busy in their playroom and went to steal some time in the the sewing room. Here is what was acompished.



These are the squares I manged to get put together. They are part of a Jelly Square Speed quilt. They call it a speed quilt because you buy the fabric in 5ich squares and 2 1/2 inch strips making cutting quick. However they didn't know I would be running after 3 kids. There seemed to be no speed in what I was doing.

Here is what my mom did:




My mom started and finished this quilt in the same time it took me to make my squares!! I laugh every time I get a realization like this that I am a mom of 3 kids and nothing gets done like in the past. The cool thing about this quilt my mom made it using fabrics from Hawaii. My brother brought them back for her after a lengthy stay in Hawaii for work. The current thought for this quilt is it would make a nice hanging for the wine room. (Oh and did I mention she also started a second quilt, pictures to come).

So in short I thought I would get a lot of sewing done with this raining weekend however I got a little sewing done, mixed in with an arousing game of memory, a little magnet play, a drive to look at the ocean waves, and a spaghetti 'o dinner. All in all it was a fantastic weekend.

No comments: