Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Suzuki Violin


I said this blog would be about quilting and I will blog about my quilts but my kids are just so dang cute it is hard not to write about them everyday. On that note, we have all thought that Serafina has a natural love for music. She contently wants to listen to it , play it and or dance to it. Which lead my mom to find a Suzuki Violin Teacher for her and today she had her first lesson. The violin , the lesson, everything is just the funniest thing in the world and the amazing thing is Serafina seems to love it. Part of the Suzuki Method is that you listen to a CD of the violin music you are learning, or in Serafina's case eventually be learning, everyday and preferably all day. We got the CD a week ago and she loves to listen to it. Now that we have the violin she wants to practice constantly. I am sure the novelty will wear off but she does seem to have a joy for the violin that hopefully will continue. Todays lesson consisted of learning the foot positioning, practice bowing, and learning how to hold violin under our chins. According to the teacher we will be doing that for awhile. We really won't get to playing music for a long time. Starting this young makes progress seem slow but it builds in routine and a love for the instrument, plus I am telling you it is the cutest thing in the world!


On her way to her first lesson.

Showing us how she bows and stands with the violin at rest.

Showing how she holds the violin to play.

1 comment:

Candace said...

Hey my niece sure is cute with her Suzuki! Does Sam finally now know what a Violin is?

I sure wish I had a head measurement for Serafina, so I could start on her Valentines hat!
Candace