Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Curly Girl



My life hair has forever been changed by this book.  I have always thought my hair was straight with an annoying wave.  I would do everything in my power to straighten, flatten, calm fly-aways, some times scrunch to enhance the wave, etc to no avil.  It seemed like every morning I would wage war against my hair and in the end my hair would win and be pulled back into a pony tail. 

Then a friend of ours (thanks Julie) mentioned this book, Curly Girl The Handbook, for Matt (because he does have curly hair).  Being the good wife I ordered the book off amazon and 2 days later sat down to read it so I could teach Matt how to care for his curls. 

As I began to read the book I kept thinking wait that describes my hair.   Yes I have that problem.  Yes I have always thought that about my hair.   Pretty soon I realized....

I am a curly girl.

I dont have straight hair, I have curly hair. 

I have been abusing it for so many years the curls have suffered.  So I did as the book said and threw away all my brushes and sulfate infested shampoos order me some DevaCurl product and.....


low and behold my curls have busted free!! (ugh..I hate pictures of myself self portraits but I had to show you my curls)

The hair care routine she teaches in the book is so simple compared to what I have been doing it is amazing.  I have a new lease on life and I am loving. 

So if you have curls, you have kids with curls, or you think you have straight hair but can never tame it, pick up a copy of this book and change your life. 

You wont be sorry.

In fact you will forever want to repay me for letting you in on the secert!
















(This is an honest review, Curly Girl and DevaCurl are not giving me anything for this review, I just love the product.)

5 comments:

Joanie said...

Neat-o! I'm going to look into this one. I do love your new do!

(Also thanks for the baby shower cakewrecks - laughed until my sides hurt, then passed it on to Facebook!)

Janice Phillips said...

Hollar!! Does being a Curly Girl mean we're a cult like the Cricut people? haha, just kidding.

Anonymous said...

I ordered the book, can't wait for it to come in! I hope it works with this frizzy hair!

Auntie Susan

Unknown said...

How is Matt doing with it? It is the best thing I ever did. I am so excited that you tried it too. You go you curly girl you!

Matthew Regusci said...

Even I have released my inner curl. :)