Regusci's Rags

Quilting and family; keeping life in stitches!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Monday Moments

I love to blog.  I love that it is a way of capturing the little moments in life and one day my kids can look back and read all the little aspects of our life (because you know by then I might have forgotten)!  However lately (as I am sure you all have noticed) I have not been quick to update.  So I am going to try to come up with a few different things to make my posting more regular and exciting for me and you alike!

Monday will be my day to write about a special moment, a precious moment, a scary moment, just a moment that I want to remember and want my kids to know about some day.  We are going to call it Monday Moments or maybe Magical Moment Mondays or just Moments.  Do you guys what to vote on the name?!  Do you have a good suggestion?  Just leave me a comment.

Today is a moment I treasure dearly.

Over Christmas AJ made the move to his room he shares with big brother Matteo.  With that came getting AJ to sleep through the night (which was difficult because he still wanted to nurse at all hours).  It worked and now he goes to bed at 6:00pm and sleeps until 7:00am.  He does wake up at around 4:30 and it is not in my heart to make him scream it out becuse by then the little guy as gone 10hr with out eating.

So..

I drag my sleepy self out of bed to the boys room where I sit on the floor (because a rocking chair or what not in a room with toddler and infant on the move is not a great idea in this house) and I nurses him.

At first I totally begrudged this time of day.  I would sit on the floor and think about the sleep I was losing out on and how I might never get back to sleep again.  How this room is a mess.  How I couldn't wait for AJ to give up this feeding.  It was like the worst part of my day.

Then about a week ago I had a change of heart.

I sat there on the floor looking at my baby and thought about how quickly he is growing and how soon he will be walking and I won't be able to hug him close.  I began to pray.

The house was still and quite and I prayed of each of my babies.  I treasured the quite time in thought, holding my littlest baby, comforting him.

It was magical.

Now I look forward to that moment each day.

Instead of looking forward to the day he decides not to wake up, I fear it.

I love that special moment with him and the special time to lift up my prayers for each of my kids.

That is my magical moment.

Holding my baby, in the wee hours, sitting on the floor amongs trucks, trains, and fisher-price toys, with my 3-year-old sleeping soundly in his bed, praying.

What is your magical moment?

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

How about "The Flying And The Magic Mondays"?

Janice Phillips said...

Oh my goodness, Tracy, I love your perspective and how God is working in your heart. Beautiful.